Sunday, March 05, 2006

Boring Sat Evening...

Zen: Cannnn... here it is. Btw, your blog is super happening... heh. I hit on your blog alot..
GQ: Here I am...*plucking mushrooms* =P

Eh guys... If you ever go to a club and wondered where are all the peeps? The answer is Ministry of Sound!! How did I arrive at this conclusion you may ask? I actually did a survey over Fri and Sat evening....

Friday: After sending Serena home from celebrating her FIRST job as a fresh grad, my buddy Jowee rang me up and reported on his alcohol urge. After serenading me with all the "favours" he's done for me in the past, he proposed that I should reciprocrate by offering my companionship for the evening. And so, it was off to Mdm wong...... Our usual haunt in the past. I last visited Mdm Wong in Sep 2005. It was still alright at that point in time man..... This time around, when I entered the venue at 1215am... I literally felt the chill and almost sneezed when I pulled open the doors and stepped in. The aircon is friggin' cold!!! What's the implication? The infamous term "Friday Crowd" would be an overstatement..... Super sad. My dude told me that stretch of bars along Thawu, No. 5 and Cheeky Monkeys all folded due to the impactful entry of MOS. Soooo after downing a couple pints of ale, we took off and ended up in MOS. No queue or what-so- ever over there @ 1am. But when we entered, our moods took for a change instantly man... Loadsa peeps and lllllllllllladies... *umphh* Because MOS is so friggin' huge, it didnt seem packed albeit the "Friday Crowd". I liked it there....I actually like crowds? But I kinda deny that when asked by peeps.... Not that I dislike crowds, I enjoy being in it and people watch but I hate sweaty people standing close to moi. Especially at the dance floor... The girls will dance amidst the crowd of preying dudes, get so warm and perspire. Then their hair will stick onto their faces. So nope. being WET in this context turns me super off. Tee hee....Anyway, whatever happened at MOS stays at MOS. It's history anyway, no point raking.

Saturday(Today): My colleague called me up and asked if I could go to work as an extra due to shortage of manpower. Hell noooo man... It's daddy's birthday today! Things are getting from bad to worse at work anyway. Don't think I'll be taking more duties apart from what I've already been rostered. Fug them. Anyway, I checked my phone at 1030pm and saw some msgs. One of which was sent by dude-Jowee at 7ish pm. A decree to meet up with the rest of the guys at night. Buzzed him @ 11pm and he said he's already on his way to Dbl O to meet Mel and Jason(a cheehong lawyer). I had a really hefty dinner and too much dessert, needed some drinks to wash my food down my oesophagus. SOooo in the shortest time ever possible, I glided into my shirt, pulled up my jeans and slipped into my converse and hopped into my ride. Raced to the petrol station and topped up cus my tank was so dry that I reckon my car would'nt make it to the few traffic lights away from the kiosk. Reached UE Square carpark 20mins later and joined those worms in DBl O. I tell you, DBL O is like a mini Pulau Tekong infiltrated with all the toilet brushes(botak-heads) with a wonderful concoction blended with the ingenious crowd who goes for their weekly friday prayers in the building with a uber huge onion. So what do you do when you enter a place full of toilet-brushes and onions??? For me, I just grab my loved ones and leave. I dunno about you guys though. Reactions are subjective wad. Mel suggested to go to Devil's Bar cause we can all get in for free. His classmate from RI/RJ happens to be the young boss of that gory club. We ended up there. Let me tell you... Most of the cool and good looking crowd patronise cool clubs like MOS, Zouk, Phuture, Velvet etc. So where do all the uncool people end up? Seriously, I think all of them congregate at Devil's bar... Okay, for those of you who are big fans of Chinablack, I should'nt be mean and leave it out. It is afterall one of the bigger clubs in singapore. Besides Devil's Bar, there's Chinablack too! *burps* Really, Devil's Bar is really not worth mentioning.. I can't go on. You might say, prolly it's one of the bad nights at Devil's Bar. Yeah, MAYBE. But I'm so not going back there la. Full Stop.

Others: Club MoMo stinks literally and perceptionally. I've mentioned it in one of my entries b4 innit? Zouk/Phuture, Here I come!!! Zen, don't forget wed aite? Pat confirmed it edi. Don't play party pooper. Haha... I havent stepped in Zouk since my last visit in.... I cannot remember. It was Juice Magazine's birthday bash that I last set foot in Zouk. MOS was not available yet. But in my opinion, nothing can go really wrong with Zouk/Phuture. I hope the perception stays that way even after this coming wed.

Conclusion: I think if I ever think clubbing, I think MOS man. I proclaim now... *Drum rolls* The winner is Ministry of Sound!! I welcome any comments that veto this. Or I might even entering gay bars like Taboo or Happy which spin good music and offer reasonably priced ales!!! Hmmm.. On second thoughts, I don't think so. No girls there... hahaha... My dude Spryuct spins at Taboo. He spins good. But there must be a reason why I never visited that place after my debut trip. I frequently patronised Gotham durig the time when he was there though. So besides good music and cheap drinks, there must be no gays too! Just think.... Male Cock Teasers... Wah laozzz...

Michael, If you're reading this(I seriously doubt so), heartiest congrats to you man. You've got thriving business and I hope it'll stay that way. Michael's my friend from an external network who is one of the co-owners of MOS. And Happy 1st Birthday to your daughter too!

I'm talking gibberish edi... Almost 5am on my clock now and think I had better go crash. Catcha soon ya'll!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» »

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home